email for new students and some keypoints

email for new students and some keypoints

di Pirotti Francesco -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear students,

Because we had  newcomers (welcome) in the last lecture, I want to provide some points about the course. Please read and follow suggestions if you think you need to. Contact me if you need extra help on something.

• The course webpage (Moodle) is https://elearning.unipd.it/scuolaamv/course/view.php?id=2762 - you can access without needing to login
  • Check the forum news - if you have an institutional email from UNIPD for logging in, you will get the forum news in your mailbox, otherwise you have to access them via the course web page.
  • Ideally you should follow the course with your laptop, installing QGIS (Open Source) software - if you did not install follow the link in the WEB LINKS section of the course web page
  • There are 2 PDF handouts in the course web page with important tutorials
  1. How to access geodata (we will refer to it on next lecture friday 25th)
  2. On coordinate reference systems (we talked about CRS in the past 2 lecture - it is highly suggested reading)
  • Course data are in the DATASET section, please download all data in your laptop so you have it available during lecture.
  • At bottom of course page you have the "LECTURE LOG" where there is trace of what has been done the past lectures and what will be done in next lecture - highly advised to read these short notes and check that you are updated on what was done. Again, if it sounds esoteric, contact me for help.
  • Lectures are linked to online tutorials.  Highly advised that you follow the tutorials individually so that you practice to use QGIS procedures that were done in class with different datasets. Up to now we applied GIS procedures that are covered in the following tutorials - it is expected by next Friday that you are familiar with what was covered in the three of the following tutorials.
See you friday 25th
FP